TWITTER

Sunday, May 10, 2009

welcome to this world my love

Evangeline Mae {evy}
born Mother's Day - May 10th - 6:59am
6 lbs, 15 oz

About 2:30am this morning I woke up to some contractions and labored through them for the next two hours at home. Then I had a couple contractions that really scared me because I was having the urge to push. We loaded up at 4:30 am and rushed to the hospital where I went from 7cm to 9cm in a matter of minutes. Then labor stalled. I pushed through to 10cm and then my contractions became very very mild. I could barely feel them! So I had to push miss Evy out without the help from contractions. An hour of hard pushing and she was finally born at 6:59 am today - Mother's Day! It was the most amazing birth - completely drug free and very rewarding. She has a head full of dark, dark hair (perfect for bows!) and looks so much like Jude. She is breastfeeding great and is sleeping on daddy right now. The boys think she is pretty awesome and gave her kisses. Life is beautiful as a mommy of three! 

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!!! What a wonderful Mother's Day gift! It is amazing that you did that with no drugs!!! I wish you guys the very best! Please let me know if I can do anything for you to help out!

Hannah said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, just like your other two. Glad your labor went smoothly.

Brittany said...

She is so beautiful! I think she looks a lot like Jude :)

So proud of you for going natural just like you intended. You are SUPERWOMAN!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, great work Mama!! And drug free, WOW!! Welcome to the world Evy!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! A very special Happy Mother's Day to you!

Harms Family said...

You are amazing Cassie. I am so happy for you all. Congrats again and she is so precious.