TWITTER

Sunday, November 23, 2008

commitment

As Mary and Joseph took Jesus to the temple for a time of commitment, we too stood before God and our church family with our youngest son, Jude, for a time of parent commitment. I love how our church emphasizes that this is not a 'baby dedication' for in fact Jesus was already to dedicated to the Lord as His Son. But rather his parents took a pledge to commit themselves to raising Him up in the Truth. So in our Parent Commitment cermony tonight we pledged to seek God's wisdom and guidance as we raise Jude in the Truth. We were surrounded by loved ones and our dear friends, Sally and Claude Farris, has graciously chosen to be Jude's prayer warriors. It was such a special time for our family to stand at the altar of the Lord and vow obedience in this area of our lives. We ask that each of you join in prayer with us for Jude's salvation and that he may walk with God all the days of his life.


Jude's life verse: "Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with all my heart. And will glorify Your name forever." Psalm 86:11-12

No comments: